LAHORE: Police Monday released a sketch of the man allegedly involved in yesterday’s terrorist attack in Lahore that left 72 people dead and over 300 injured.
According to Capital City Police Officer Muhammad Amin Vains, red alert was already in place in Lahore and further measures were being taken for the protection of peoples’ lives and properties.
He said directives had been issued to all divisional SPs to further beef up security following suicide blast in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park here.
The CCPO said sketch of suspected suicide bomber had been released and hectic efforts were being made to find further clues to the network of terrorists. He said the investigators had found some CNICs from the crime scene and declaring a particular person as the suicide bomber would not be justified.
He said various TV channels were presenting one Muhammad Yousaf, son of Ghulam Farid, as the suicide bomber, which was only an allegation. He said it would take some time to reach a final decision in this regard.
The CCPO said that walk-through-gates would be installed at the entry points of the public parks and other recreational places in the city.
Amin said the police were investigating the Lahore attack from various angles and the culprits would be brought to justice at any cost.
He has ordered for keeping a vigilant eye on suspects at all public places. He also directed the officers to increase the force on all entry and exit points of the city and making checking system more effective at these points.
Amin ordered for maintaining a close liaison with intelligence agencies to collect information besides checking of hotels and guest houses. He said a crackdown on suspected criminals was continuing in the city and dozens of suspects had been taken into custody so far in the wake of tragic Lahore carnage.
The CCPO directed all divisional SPs to implement his directions in letter and spirit. NNI