- The Sana Yousaf murder case has once again captured public attention after a major development emerged during court proceedings in Islamabad. Nearly a year after the tragic killing of the young Pakistani digital creator, the accused has reportedly changed his statement before the court.
- Sana Yousaf was shot dead on June 2 last year in Islamabad. According to earlier reports, she was allegedly killed by Umer Hayat, who was said to have traveled to the capital in a rented car and entered her residence before opening fire in front of family members. She was later taken to the hospital, where doctors confirmed her death. Her burial took place in her ancestral hometown in Hunza.
- The latest hearing has brought a surprising twist. During his statement recorded under Section 342, Umer Hayat denied all previous allegations and claimed he had no involvement in Sana Yousaf’s murder. He told the court that he never rented a vehicle, never traveled to Islamabad, and had never visited Sana Yousaf’s house in G-13.
- The accused further stated that the documents related to the alleged rental car were fabricated. He also denied any personal contact with Sana Yousaf, saying there was no dispute between them and that he was implicated without evidence.
- This sudden reversal has triggered strong reactions on social media, where many users are questioning the pace of justice in the high-profile case. Several people expressed frustration, saying the matter appeared straightforward and should have been resolved much earlier.
- As the Sana Yousaf murder case continues, many online users are demanding transparent legal proceedings and swift justice for the slain content creator.
