Two cops die of suffocation in AJK

MUZAFFARABAD: Two policemen died of suffocation due to filling of poisonous gas in room here on night falling between Saturday and Sunday.

Police said that two cops of Athmuqam police station in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) slept while  turning on the gas heater due to severe cold.

Poisonous carbon mono-oxide gas generated by continuous burning of heater accumulated in the room resulting in death of both policemen.

In the morning when the cops did not awake, other policemen broke open the door and found them dead. The bodies were shifted to hospital where doctors confirmed that suffocation caused the deaths.

INP

About the Author