RAWALPINDI: Tragedy befell on a family after a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinder exploded inside a house in Islamabad on Friday.
The incident took place at a private television channel’s Director Admin and Finance Laiq Ahmad Bajwa’s house located in PWD locality. A woman, her newborn baby girl and maid were killed and five others sustained injuries in the incident.
The explosion shook the house, causing collapse of the roof. Rescue teams arrived at the scene and shifted the injured persons to PIMS Hospital.
Usage of LPG cylinders has increased due to zero gas pressure amid cold weather. NNI