KARACHI : Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah has said that the provincial government will hold an inquiry against Federal Minister Ali Zaidi for his “irresponsible” statements regarding the joint investigation team (JIT) report related to Lyari gangster Uzair Baloch. Murad, who was speaking to the media after his appearance before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), stated that procedure would be followed if it has been substantiated that Zaidi has hurt the case, adding that “law will take its course” and “Murad Ali shah will not investigate the matter”. The Sindh CM said that the provincial government had decided not to release the report on the advice of the advocate general of criminal prosecution department. He further stated that the official had advised against releasing the report because those mentioned in it could become alert. “Unfortunately, Ali Zaidi showed irresponsibility. The provincial government released the report due to the political pressure,” he said. The Sindh and federal governments have been at a war of words since Ali Zaidi spoke about Uzair Baloch’s case in the National Assembly. On Tuesday, Zaidi had asked Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed to take suo motu notice on the Uzair Baloch’s JIT report released by the Sindh government, saying the original report had been tampered with. Meanwhile, the Sindh government questioned the authenticity of Ali Zaidi’s original JIT report on Uzair Baloch. The Sindh government spokesperson Murtaza Wahab claimed that Ali Zaidi had no official documents.
NEW YORK: The Covid-19 infections rose eight percent last week to more than 3.8 million, the UN health agency has...Read more