KARACHI: A bench of the Sindh High Court (SHC) on Monday reserved its decision over the appeals of the convicts in Shahzeb Khan murder case.
The complainant of the case and father of the murder victim both have been died, the counsel informed a two-member bench, comprising Justice Agha Faisal and Justice Muhammad Ali Mazhar, hearing the case. A widow and two daughters have been in the family. All of them are staying abroad and don’t want to appear in the court, the counsel further said. If any agreement has been reached between the accused and the family of the victim, could only be confirmed if a contact made via the video link, the lawyer added. At least the address of the heirs of the victims should be on the record, the bench remarked. To whom they are facing threat and until when they will remain in hiding, the bench asked. They should file case against those they feel any threat, the bench further remarked. Additional Prosecutor-General Zafar Ahmed Khan in a previous hearing said that the parties cannot reconcile in the cases of terrorism and no compromise had been reached at the subordinate court. The SHC had sent the matter for inquiry for affirmation from the family about the settlement, he said adding that a settlement could not be filed without the consent of the public counsel. “It was inappropriate for the defending lawyers to declare Shahrukh Jatoi juvenile at the time of murder.” According to all the medical reports, Jatoi was aged above 18 years at the time of the incident. Hence, his case could not have been run under the juvenile system. Two suspects, including Shahrukh Jatoi, were awarded death sentence in the case while two other suspects face life imprisonment. NNI