Sharjeel busts shesha café, bulldozes 22 illegal shops

KARACHI (INP): Provincial Minister for Information and Local Government Sharjeel Memon busted a shesha café, buldozed 22 shops, a fitness club and a canteen established illegally at Jamaludin Afghani Park, the jurisdiction of Bahadurabad police station and ordered suspension of the concerned officer involved in issuing NOC illegally.

In Jamaludin Afghani Park, land mafia had established a fitness club and a Shesha Café inside the park and 22 shops around park.

Memon raided the park and asked the owners of the Shesha Café and fitness club as to how they had occupied the park. They showed him NOC issued by KMC. The minister ordered suspension of the concerned officer on the spot.

Taking serious note of the business of selling lose petrol and filling gas cylinders in the residential area in the shops constructed around the park, he ordered the police to register cases against them.

Meanwhile, the Minister ordered the KMC anti-encroachment Cell Senior to take all the 100 shesha, tobacco and the imported coals cubes into possession and register a case against them.

Talking to media Memon said that Sindh was the only province in the world where compensation is paid for vacating illegal possession of government lands. “We have given 75 percent compensation to affected people of Lyari Express Way and would pay further to the remaining 25 percent to complete the project,” he lamented.

He also said that the courts were giving stay orders to land mafia against the government. “This trend has strengthened and organized the land mafia who in connivance with vested interest playing havoc with amenity plots and government land,” he said urged the courts of law not to issue them stay orders.

Sharjeel said that the former city government had illegally allotted amenity plots meant for public parks and community centers. “All such illegal allotment on amenity plots would be cancelled and action would also be taken against involved officers,” he assured.

He had identified a building where 16 flats have been constructed on government land. “I am giving warning to the residents of those flats to vacate voluntarily otherwise not only action would be taken against them (the residents) and the builder but the building would be bulldozed,” he vowed and urged media not to support land mafia.

 

About the Author