KARACHI: Sindh Home Minister Sohail Anwar Siyal said on Wednesday no summary had been received for an extension in the stay of Rangers in the province.
The home minister added a decision for the extension will be taken after the report of the task force.
Earlier, Chief Minister Sindh, Syed Qaim Ali Shah wrote a letter to DG Rangers Major General Bilal Akbar over ‘exceeding authority’ by the paramilitary force in the province, sources said.
According to sources, the copy of the letter has also been dispatched to the federation.
In the letter, CM Qaim Ali Shah has stated that the paramilitary force exercises the powers to counter militancy under Counter Terrorism Act 1973. He added that conducting a raid on the Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA) and Lines Area Development Project (LADP) offices were not the authority of the Sindh Rangers.
PIA annouces 20 pc concession in fares during Ramadan