ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has said that there is no deal made on former Presidentr Asif Zardari’s returninf home as reports rumoured in media.
Talking to media persons informally here at the Punjab House on Saturday, he said that Asif Ali Zadar was neither wanted in any case nor his name of on Exit Control List (ECL).
Chaudhry Nisar said the raids by paramilitary Rangers in Karachi had nothing to do with the PPP co-chairman’s return to the country. “Moreover, the Rangers have also issued details of the raids in a statement,” he noted.
He said the PPP is displeased with him for continuing Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) inquiries. He slammed his critics for levelling a ‘bogus’ allegation against him that he wishes to become the prime minister. He said that he had no lust for power, adding that he had never expressed his desire for important portfolios.
The interior minister said that the Quetta inquiry commission has levelled allegations against him, adding that the report was one-sided and he would respond it in the Supreme Court. He said that he the State Bank of Pakistan was asked for freezing the accounts of 4,000 suspicious people including the members of banned outfits. He said the new policy of issuance of weapons licence has been prepared, which would soon be announced.
To a question, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan stressed the need of amendments in the NAB laws. He added that NAB could hold impartial probe when its Chairman was appointed by the judiciary. How he would do justice when he was nominated jointly by government and opposition. However, he described the plea bargain by NAB tantamount to give safe way to the thieves.
The interior minister said that 30,000 fake identity cards of the foreigners had been cancelled, over 200,000 had been blocked and the names of 9500 people had been removed from ECL. He said the people included in Fourth Schedule are Pakistani and their cards could not be cancelled.