Karachi: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has today announced the nominees for the inaugural ICC men’s and women’s player of the month awards.
Cricket’s governing body last week released details regarding these awards which will recognise and celebrate the best performances from both male and female cricketers across all forms of international cricket throughout the year.
The fans, who will have 10% of the share in voting can vote on ICC’s website while the remaining 90% of the vote will be in the hands of ‘ICC Voting Academy’ comprising prominent members of the cricket family including senior journalists, former players, and broadcasters and some members of the ICC Hall of Fame.
ICC Men’s Player of the Month January Nominees
Rishabh Pant (India) 426 Test runs at an average of 81.66
Joe Root (England) 245 Test runs at an average of 106.50
Paul Stirling (Ireland) 420 ODI runs at an average of 105.00
ICC Women’s Player of the Month January Nominees
Diana Baig (Pakistan) nine ODI wickets at 13.22
Shabnim Ismail (South Africa) seven T20I wickets at 4.57
Marizanne Kapp (South Africa) 115 runs at an average of 115
The winners will be announced every second Monday of the month on the ICC’s digital channels.