LAHORE: Four more persons, who had consumed toxic home-made liquor in Kahna area of the city, died on Tuesday taking the death toll to six within 24 hours.
Boota Masih and Gohar Masih breathed their last at a hospital on Monday night while several others were under treatment at various hospitals.
Police raided the house of suspect Asif for allegedly supplying the poisonous liquour. He, however, managed to escape while his father was arrested.
The police started investigation after recording the statement of a victim under treatment at Sheikh Zayed Hospital.